still recovering from this past weekend’s new york salsa congress. got there friday night in time to register and catch the first set of shows and left a couple of hours after the event ended at 4 monday morning. i’ll be posting a full review soon, but here are some quick impressions.
things i liked:
1. the venue, right in midtown at the hilton hotel.
2. great ballroom with a nice big floor.
3. the social dancing, particularly on friday and sunday night.
4. sunday’s live music (johnny polanco and his orchestra).
the thing i didn’t like:
1. the setup for the performances. an L-shaped space with the stage off-center at the end of the long end of the L. most people could only see the shows looking up at the projection screens as the stage was far away or out of view.
feel free to post your thoughts about the congress as comments.